2023-24 Back to School Information
Open House: July 28, 2023 (see News from the Nest for all the details)
First Day of School: August 1, 2023 (K students follow schedule sent by the teacher)
Download the UA mobile app from your mobile store for easy updates and links. This is great for parents, grandparents, and students with phones/tablets to view updates.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW STUDENTS
- If you are transferring to UA from a NC Public School, your ID# remains the same. Use that ID# to register in MyPaymentsPlus
- Kindergarten students will receive their ID# at Open House from their teacher.
- You can set up a MyPaymentsPlus account to pay for After School, Activity due, Athletics, etc. once you have an ID#.
SUPPLY LISTS/DRESS CODE (2023-24 are available for K-8)
- Lower School (grade level pages)
- Middle School (grade level pages)
- High School (supply lists will be available at Open House)
- Yearly Mandatory Medical Form (print and return to HR teacher)
Family Contact and Emergency Information Form
This is a required form for all families. Please complete the Family Contact and Emergency Information Form for your student(s).
- 2023-2024 Student Chromebook User Agreement
- 2023-2024 Student Personal Device Electronics Waiver
- 2023-2024 Google Apps for Education - Information and Parental Consent/COPPA (This form is for students under the age of 13)
- K-12 2023-2024 UA Field Trip Permission Slip
- This permission slip is required for your student to participate in all of UA’s On and Off-Campus Field trips for the 2023/2024 School Year. Valid from July 1, 2023 through June 3, 2024. This includes field trips, on-campus activities, community service trips, and small group outings.
- Located in MyPaymentsPlus
IMMUNIZATIONS and HEALTH INFO
- Visit the Health Services page for all information and forms.
- medication consent form
- immunization info
- new to NC Public Schools Health Assessment Transmittal Form
- The August lunch menu opens July 10 and closes July 31 at 9pm (no exceptions). There will be NO catered lunch the first week of school.
- K-4 will need the name of the HR teacher. 5-12 only needs the grade level. (NO school ID # is needed)
- Catered Lunch System registration
AFTER SCHOOL (optional K-8)
- MyPaymentsPlus (MPP) is our online payment system for After School and Activity Dues as well as other items when needed.
- New Students: To register for MyPaymentsPlus you will need your student's PowerSchool ID number and HR teacher's name. You can pick those up at Open House. If they are ready before Open House, we will let you know.
- Returning Students: To pay Activity Dues, you will need your student's HR teacher name. MPP plus will prompt you to update your child's grade level.
- Registration opens in MyPaymentsPlus July 1 for returning students and July 24 (or when you receive Student ID#) for new students.
- Grades K-8 until 6 p.m.
- Registration deadline is Thursday of the week before.
- After School webpage
ACTIVITY DUES (mandatory)
- Payment due in MyPaymentsPlus by August 30.
- Students need their HR teacher name to complete payment.
- Activity dues and what is included can be found on the Activity page.
- In-house field trips, family day shirts, etc. can not be done until the Activity due is paid.
- The dress code is specific to each school. Check it carefully before purchasing uniforms and spirit wear.
- Visit the Student Parking webpage under the Student Life tab for more info and to purchase a permit.
POWERSCHOOL PARENT PORTAL
If you need to create a parent portal, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Parent Resource page for instructions.ABSENCES
ATHLETICSMORNING DROP-OFF7:30- 8:00 a.m. is the preferred drop off time for K-8 students.
- Absence Note (complete any time your child is absent from school)
- 7:00 a.m.-7:29 a.m. students (all grades) can be dropped off in North Carpool at the doors to the MPR
- 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. students (K-8) report directly to their HR.
- Grade Level Carpool
- Grades K-4 use South Carpool (morning and afternoon)
- Grades 5-12 use North Carpool (students with siblings in K-4 will use South)
- LS and MS students arriving after 8 a.m. will need to check-in at the main office.
- HS students can enter through the MPR doors until 8:30 a.m. (see HS page for bell schedule)
- HS students arriving after 8:30 a.m. will need to check-in in the main office.
- Visit the Carpool webpage under the Student Life tab for more info and to order tags.
- Car tags are required for afternoon pickup
- K-4 students are dismissed at 2:40pm.
- K-4 students with older siblings are dismissed at 3pm. Please arrive at 3pm or after so you are not in the middle of the earlier dismissal.
- 5-12 students are dismissed at 3pm.
Union Academy's mission is to educate the whole child through CHALLENGE, CHARACTER, and COMMUNITY. In order to do this successfully, we offer a wide variety of courses, extracurricular activities, athletic teams, character education, and more!