Joining 6th Grade Band
Welcome Future Band Members
We are so excited you are considering joining band in 6th grade. You have come to the right place to get more information. Please note at Union Academy you can only join band in 6th grade. If you think you are interested in learning an instrument, 6th grade is the year to do it. Band will change your life forever. You will LOVE it (and so will your parents)! However, there are a lot of things to consider before signing up for band. It’s not an easy A class. There are time and financial commitments to consider. Please go through the steps below to find out more information about joining band.
Steps to Join
- Join us for the 5th grade recruitment concert during school on April 18th at 8:15am
- Take the UA Band Brochure home to your parents
- Read the frequently asked questions about band
- Check out this form about all the instruments
- Attend the instrument Try Out Night on May 9th. Drop in anytime between 3:00-4:15
- Purchase/Rent an instrument from Music & Arts company AFTER your try out on May 9th
- See this Purchasing an Instrument page before getting your instrument
- Please have all your supplies for the start of the school year
Check out the 6th grade instruments below
*Students that are interested in percussion and sax should pick one of the instruments above. We will hold auditions in October for students to switch to percussion and sax.