Hello, Welcome to a new year!
I have been teaching Digital Media at Union Academy since 2017. Before UA, I began teaching in 2014, and I have taught at Porter Ridge High School and South Piedmont Community College. I currently teach grades 9-12. I have one daughter, age 28. I lost my son, Blake, in 2011, at the age of 16. While I may have lost my son, I gained one hundred plus over my time at UA. My goal is to look out for the best interest of your child through high school and to be the best role model and mentor that I can be.
I have a background in Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, Arts, and Small Business Entrepreneurship.
I desire to find new ways to bring innovations to the classroom. I truly love my students and seeing them identify their talents has been my biggest inspiration. There is nothing better than seeing my students have an "ah-ha" moment and sharing their findings with classmates. My leadership qualities and awards include:
- Student Government President for Spcc
- Ex-Officio SPCC Board of Trustees (SGA)
- Student Appeals Committee at Spcc
- President of the National Society of Leadership and Success
- National Society of Leadership and Success Excellence Award
- Small Business Entrepreneur Expo Competition - Second Place Award in Graphic Design
- Original SPCC Christmas Card Competition - First Place
- SPCC Re-branding Official Logo Competition- placed in the top three
- Governor Robert W. Scott Leadership Award Nominee - NC State Community College System
- Dallas Herring Leadership Scholarship Award Nominee - NC State Community College System
This year my classes include:
1st Period: Print Shop Honors I & II
2nd Period: Digital Media I
3rd Period: Digital Media II
4th Period: Art I / Beginning Arts
5th Period: Digital Media I
6th Period: Planning
Tutoring is available online and face to face
This year UA will be utilizing Canvas as a means of communication, course work, and a variety of other purposes. Please see the links below for more information.
Students: Access our Canvas classroom information through the below link.
Instructions for you to access Canvas
Video link with instructions for parents
What observers can view and do in the course