The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is one of the nation’s premier organizations established to recognize outstanding high school and middle level students. More than just an honor roll, NJHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, Character and Citizenship. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since their beginnings in 1929.
Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments, but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
To access the National Junior Honor Society web page, click here.
Club Sponsor: Mrs. Ashley Steele
UA's National Junior Honor Society Requirements:
To be eligible for selection to membership in the Union Academy Chapter of the National Junior
Honor Society, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be a member of Union Academy’s eighth, ninth, or tenth grade class.
- Students in 8th and 9th grades must have earned a core course average grade of 97% or higher for the year prior to induction. Students in 10th grade must have earned an end of year weighted cumulative GPA of 4.10 or unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.85 or higher.
- High school students must take at least one honors course per year during their freshman and sophomore years.
- Candidates must meet a required daily attendance rate of 95% of all school days excluding excused absences for the year prior to induction.
- Continuing membership requires maintaining a core course average grade of 97%, a cumulative weighted GPA of 4.10 or unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.85 or higher along with adherence to the honors course, school attendance, and behavior requirements. Additionally, membership is contingent upon participation in a least one Union Academy Chapter of National Junior Honor Society sponsored community service activity during the year, as well as 90% active participation in meetings and functions held by the Union Academy Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society