WELCOME to the UA
LOWER MEDIA CENTER!
Who says the UA Lower Media Center can't get any better?
Sure, #weareUA and we are awesome
because we have character and a slide in the library...
But this year we are bigger and better than ever!
We just opened an additional space so all our elementary kids are
enjoying UA Media life in one building!
This week in Media:
All classes are reading books about compassion this month and rotating
between stations in media class.
- Kindergartners are hearing about compassion as we read Bear Feels Sick, by Karma Wilson. We are learning UA's check out procedures and how to responsibly care for books when we check them out.
- First Graders are listening for compassion in the book How to Heal a Broken Wing, by Bob Graham. We are learning how to crack the secret code in the library by investigating the call number of a book while creating call numbers for some of my personal books. We are also discussing check out procedures and proper library book care.
- Second Graders are searching for compassion in the book, Stone Soup, by Ann McGovern. We are learning how to read and create call numbers in the library as well as practicing alphabetical order and remembering proper library book care.
- Third Graders are focusing on mastering alphabetical order, library vocabulary and learning how to navigate our search engine, OPAC.
- Fourth Graders are mesmerized by The Story of Ruby Bridges, by Robert Coles. We are challenged to write about how we can choose compassion even when others don't show compassion to us. We are also working on OPAC and alphabetical order.
Be sure to check back next week to see the new and fun ways
we are learning to love books.
**We know your kids are chomping at the bit to check out books.**
Our system is currently messed up, however, Mrs. Green is working hard to fix it.
We will start check-outs, ASAP!