The RSWG (Reopening of School Work Group) had its initial meeting June 9. This group of UA parents and staff is reviewing the above toolkit as well as input from various other sources, including the CDC. The RSWG will provide ongoing guidance to the administration as the latter develops a reopening plan for UA. Your input is important, and we have created an email address for you to send us any questions and suggestions: (Reopening.firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Intent to Return form was sent to all UA families on June 11. Please complete it as soon as possible, so we can begin planning for next year.
The NCHSAA released a Summer Guide: Reopening Sports/Activities which utilizes a phased approach for NCHSAA athletes and is intended to help school administrators, coaches, parents, students, and communities navigate a gradual reopening of high school athletic activities. An email was sent to all 9-12 families on June 11, 2020. Contact Michelle Phifer (email@example.com) with questions or the individual fall coaches.
- Specific NCHSAA guidelines for conditioning and teams
- UA’s Return to Play Information (fall sports only)
- Women’s Tennis: Coach Will Cobb (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Men’s Soccer: Coach Vic Johnson (email@example.com)
- Co-ed Cross Country: Coach Ashley Grant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cheerleading: Coach Jennifer Smith (email@example.com)
- Women’s Volleyball: Coach Jim Zorn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Football: Coach Justin Frashier (email@example.com)
- Women’s Golf: Coach Cheyanne Nash (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Summer camps (basketball, softball, baseball, cheer) are open for registration on MyPaymentsPlus. Camps are open to Rising K-8th grade students and to non-UA students. If we have to cancel them, you will receive a refund.
- Baseball Camp has been moved to July 13-15.
- Cheer Camp has been moved to July 13-15.
- June basketball camp has been canceled.
- Step-by-Step instructions for summer camp registration.
- Camp Invention: Virtual camp will be held July 13-17. You can register at www.campinvention.org. Supplies will be mailed home with online support from instructors daily. Contact Mrs. Bretz with questions (email@example.com)
- Activity Fees and Field Trips for 2020-21 are now available on MyPaymentsPlus for anyone who would like to go ahead and start paying. This year the activity fee will be “a la carte” meaning you may pay for the items/events you choose. Fees are not officially due until the beginning of the school year.
- Student Volunteer Hours: All 2019-20 hours are complete and the new year has officially started in MobileServe. The type of service hours are back to normal and can be found on the UA website https://www.unionacademy.org/apps/pages/volunteering. The code for rising 9th graders is 9370FE. Make sure you have a supervisor name and email address entered to get the hours approved. Contact Mrs. Watkins if you have questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).