Yesterday, NC Governor Roy Cooper and NC Superintendent of Instruction Mark Johnson announced all NC public schools are closed March 16-30. We understand closing school will be inconvenient for many of you. However, the health and safety of our students is the number one priority. Please understand that school is closed to help minimize the spread of germs, and students and families should stay home and away from crowds.
Please CAREFULLY read the updates below.
- Monday, March 16: All students should plan to drop by school to retrieve personal items, clean lockers, pick up devices if requested, and turn in outstanding assignments. (Any items left in lockers or lost and found may be thrown away for safety/health reasons.)
- K-2nd: pick up packets from classroom teachers
- 3rd-4th: retrieve any personal items and student work as needed from classrooms
- 5th-8th: clean out lockers, leave locker doors open, retrieve personal items, and go by classes to see if there is any work from the teacher.
- 9th-12th: clean out lockers, leave locker doors open, retrieve personal items, turn in outstanding work
- Device pickup for K-7th grade students who requested: Main media center
- Schedule for Monday, March 16 (by last name): Please do your best to come at your assigned time, so we minimize the number of people on campus.
- Last names A-B: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Last names C-F: 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Last names G-J: 9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Last names K-M: 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Last names N-R: 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Last names S-U: 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Last names V-Z: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- We are asking you to please get what you need and not stay on campus. This is not a time to visit with staff or other families as the staff has to clean classrooms and prepare for remote learning. Parking will be at a premium, so please be courteous to others and only take the time needed to gather your things. Thank you for understanding.
- Remote learning plans will be communicated Wednesday, March 18 with our intention to begin lessons by March 23. Please look for a communication from your child’s teacher(s) with more details.
- NCVPS online courses will continue.
- Students enrolled in SPCC courses should follow the schedule and guidance from SPCC https://spcc.edu/coronavirus-updates/.
If your child will have difficulty accessing the internet, please contact your child’s teacher directly. If you have not completed the survey Internet and Device Availability, please do so now for EACH of your UA students, so arrangements can be made if possible.
We are grateful to those who have reached out to us with concern over students who might need assistance. If you need assistance with lunches for your child, please complete the Lunch Assistance Form. Someone from UA will reach out to you to see how we can help meet your needs. All information for assistance is confidential. This form will remain active throughout our closure. You may also reach out to counselors and principals if you have questions or other needs arise.
We truly appreciate the support and patience you are showing through this difficult time. Your positive and encouraging comments are what makes the UA community so special.
Please continue to check your email, the UA webpage, and social media for updates over the next two weeks. Links to resources about Coronavirus, how to talk with your children about COVID-19, and tips to stay healthy are posted below.
We already miss the smiles of our students and hope you all stay healthy and safe.
We are UA!