The goal of the Communications Department at Union Academy is to provide quality, relevant, and up-to date information for all employees, students, families, and members of the community and media. We accomplish this through both print and digital media. The Union Academy website is a major source of information. Publications, newsletters, brochures, banners, handbooks, and postcards are also produced and printed by the Communications Department. Specific standards and guidelines have been set to ensure all Union Academy communications, publications, and other collateral present a strong, consistent public image and brand of the school. Please consult the Union Academy Communications Standards Manual and Style Guide when writing, editing, designing, or presenting on behalf of the school.
NCSPRA 2022 Awards
- Best of the Best - Photography
- Electronic Media - UA 20th Anniversary Video
- Photography - Spirit Parade
- Photography - Field Day
- Publications - Cardinal Courier Holiday 2020
- Special Events and Programs - Kindergarten Orientation
What We Do
- Ensures consistency of Union Academy brand on all district-level communications, including print, broadcast, and online
- Writes and produces key district publications
- Acts as a consultant for other departments as they produce publications
- Approves communications and documents for school-wide dissemination
- Creates the content and design of the UA website and UA mobile app, ensuring accuracy and consistency with the UA brand
- Manages social media accounts which include the Union Academy Facebook page, @UACharterSchool Twitter account, @union_academy_charter Instagram account, and the @UnionAcademy LinkedIn account.
- Video production about our students, athletics, and other activities to showcase their talents.
The Communications team oversees all communication between the school and the news media.