UA's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Union Academy aspires to be a leader in creating a more inclusive, just, and respectful world for our children. We continue to foster a school culture that respects and embraces everyone, including training and conversations in the following areas:
- Unconscious biases (we all have them)
- Curiosity and sharing, without judgment
- Psychological safety, connection, and a sense of belonging
- An open mind, with active listening (to be heard and understood)
- Team-building and morale
UA's Diversity and Inclusion Task Force
In the summer of 2020, our Head of School and our Board of Directors developed a Diversity and Inclusion Statement and launched UA’s Diversity and Inclusion Task Force. The D&I Task Force includes committed individuals from our Boards (The UA Foundation and our school’s Board of Directors), faculty and staff, and parents.
The D&I Task Force works toward goals in the following areas:
- Education and Training
- Student Services
- Faculty, Staff, and Student Recruitment
- Communications to the UA Community
If you are interested in joining the D&I Task Force in 2022-23, please contact Sherryann Sylvestre, email@example.com.
Red Rocket's Closet
If your student(s) is in need of uniforms or dress code apparel, please visit the Red Rocket Closet.
- Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 9:00 am and 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- $2.00 per item
- Exchanges: Give and take for any article of clothing.
- Donations are always welcome.
If students have a need during the school day, a school counselor or teacher will support them.
Need Financial Assistance?
The Phil Hargett Memorial Fund is here to help students with lunches, field trips, and/or Cardinal Athletic Club (CAC) fees based on your family’s needs.
To learn more and apply, visit the Phil Hargett Memorial Fund page.
The UA Foundation, in Collaboration with the Diversity and Inclusion Task Force